Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons

This is a nice little christmas touch. I'd love to make something like this to send to family over the holidays. I'd love to see someone try it and post links here.

via A Field Journal by Livy on 12/21/11

I made these ribbons last winter as part of a freelance assignment for Making Memories. Their Bravissimo line launched last spring, and allowed crafters to make customizable, award-style ribbons. I joined Suzonne, Cathe and Gail in developing prototypes for a second round of Bravissimos, which unfortunately did not make it to production. Nevertheless, I thought I'd post them for a bit of Christmas inspiration. If you'd like to try making these from scratch, I absolutely recommend using a scoring board — it's the secret to getting picture-perfect folds. Striped paper and edge punches also add fun effects, and don't be afraid to experiment with non-traditional paper-craft items like tulle, jingle bells or mini ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment